Thursday, December 28, 2006

my theory on the death of Gerald Ford...

Following the death of Gerald Ford, I had a 12-hour drive from Alabama to Texas, which gave me plenty of time to listen to NPR and think and drink lots and lots of glorious caffeine to help keep me alert. And during this 12-hour stretch of driving and NPR listening and thinking and caffeine drinking, I came up with a theory on the death of Gerald Ford. I figured out why the man died. I know it, and I'm pretty convinced that I'm correct. And if you've made it this far through this post, I should probably share the results of my hard thinking with you. So here it is:

Gerald Ford did not want to live in a world without James Brown...

Pretty deep, eh? I've been thinking further on this, and while I'm not 100% certain I want to live in a world without James Brown, I'm going to soldier on... Thanks for the great music and dance moves and the helmet hair and the velvet pantsuits with the rhinestones, James. And thanks for the cape routine on stage. You rocked, and you rocked hard. My in-laws found that out when I played Live At the Apollo for them at 8:00 am the other morning...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hell, I don't want to live in a world without James Brown.

1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home