Monday, December 11, 2006

The bestest Christmas song evah...

Since I've already distributed the 2nd Annual Steve's Christmas Music Mess to mi compadres, this one will have to wait until next year, but it will be on there...

The beautiful wonderful BoingBoing recently had a link to Santastic II: Clausome! and I downloaded the tracks, not really knowing what to expect. Like any mashup collection found on the web, there are some great ones and some so-so ones. But there's one track on there that has wormed itself into my brain and refuses to let go...

Some evil genius at Go Home Productions (the link from the Santastic page doesn't seem to work) got the inspired idea of pairing the Carpenters with some dubby reggae, and the results are amazing, fantastic, spine-tingling in how unexpectedly well they work together. They even dubbed out Karen's voice in the traditional dub fashion. I've been playing this pretty much non-stop since I got it, and I'll probably be sick of it by December 25... But the beauty of Christmas music is that I'll most likely be un-sick of it by the next holiday season, so it will probably be on my Christmas mix next year.

Carpenter's Christmas (Karen Meets Roots Radics Uptown)

For the rest of the mp3s, visit the Santastic page at http://www.djbc.net/santastic/. It really is a lot of fun, and I'm sorry I missed last year's edition...

If you need free Christmas music in more of a retro vein, check out http://falalalala.com/. And if that ain't enough, PCL Linkdump has not one, but two pages of links to Christmas music! Get jolly, people!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home