Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Buh-Bye Oasis...

Robert Philpot at the Star-Telegram reports that the Oasis has switched formats, and is now "Movin 107.5" featuring r&b hits.
Fans of smooth-jazz radio station KOAI/107.5 FM "The Oasis" must've felt as if they had a bomb dropped on them Monday -- especially if they turned on the radio at 6 p.m. and, instead of finding relaxing light jazz to get them through traffic, got hit with the Gap Band's You Dropped a Bomb on Me.
There are many doctor and dentist offices scrambling to find a new radio station in the metroplex this morning, and I ain't sad about that one bit. I actively despised the Oasis, and aside from the insipid music, here was another reason why. I was having a conversation with an acquaintance once, and we were discussing music. My wife and I had recently attended a jazz show at Caravan of Dreams (RIP), and I was telling him about it. He replied, "Oh yeah, I like jazz! I listen to the Oasis!"

So to all the D/FW folks who thought they were listening to jazz when they tuned to the Oasis, here's a secret: You were actually listening to your parent's easy listening bullcrap...

And a hearty thank you to whoever pulled the plug on the Oasis...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home