Monday, November 27, 2006

Imogen Heap, November 24, Dallas

I'm not going to spend a lot of time on this one, except to say that it was rather disappointing...

Lots of technical problems and poor mixing just sapped the energy right out of it for me... From the opening acts and into Imogen's set, it seemed like the performers were all having to take care of technical problems. The sound mixing wasn't great either -- at the beginning, the instrumentation was really low, and her vocals were really loud. Then it flip-flopped, and the instrumentation seemed to take over, especially the bass.

Imogen: I really like you a lot, but please hire professionals. Don't try to do a tour on the cheap...

To Imogen's road crew: When someone is on the stage having problems, you go out there and help them get it sorted out! Don't make the performer crawl all over the stage unplugging and replugging cables... One, it's not dignified. Two, it's keeping them from entertaining the audience. Three, it's your friggin' job! If you're out there taking care of the problem, at least the performer can tell a story or sing something A Cappella.

Highlight of the evening: Levi Weaver doing a one-man cover of Radiohead's "Idioteque" using just an acoustic guitar and a loop pedal. Astonishing, and very nice...

Overall, a very disappointing evening... I was very much looking forward to seeing Imogen, but... Should've gone to the John Legend show at Gypsy...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was supposed to review this show, but I got pretty sick at the last minute.

I kind of regret not seeing the John Legend sow, too. I think I sold that guy kind of short...

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home