Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Bjork on SNL

Bleargh... Long time no see. Sorry. Busy, busy, blah blah bleargh... That time of the semester where all non-essential things die a slow, painful death. Except for right now, of course... I'm taking a break from grading brutiful newsletters to write about Bjork.

I loves me the Bjork. I enjoy her music and I really enjoy saying her name as if I'm the Swedish Chef from the Muppet Show. Yes, I'm easily amused, I know...

So with all the Bjork-love emanating forth from me, why oh why was I underwhelmed by her performances on SNL? Was it because it looked like she had picked up half of the Polyphonic Spree while they were hitchhiking along some remote Icelandic highway when their snowmobile tossed a tread to the side of the road? Or was it just that the music was too big and grandiose for my little TV speakers?

I purchased Earth Intruders from iTunes, and I play it very loudly from time to time and enjoy it tremendously. But it has a lot of layers to it, and I don't feel like I've absorbed it all just yet... So yeah, still looking forward to the new Bjork album, even though the SNL performances didn't do much for me...





1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good review, unrelated, but I love "Post."

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home