Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Why Am I Always The Last To Know?

...about cool music-related things like last.fm? Actually, right before I wrote this, I almost threw my dirty socks into the garbage instead of the laundry hamper, so I guess that answers that one.


Anyway, last.fm is a little site for people who love lists and categorizations. It works like this: you download a program (or robot, as I like the call all things related to the internets) that works in conjunction with your preferred mp3 player (let's hope it's iTunes) to track what you listen to, find other people who listen to it, as well as a lot of other features I'm not 16-years-old enough to know how to operate.

For me, it's a nice little alternative to myspace.com, which is the first techno-phenomena that I am too old to understand. So many bands, so many people with __xx at the end of their user name, and well, I just find it somewhat unpleasant to look at. It's wicked cluttered and kind of gives me a headache to navigate. Some of this dissatisfaction can no doubt be attributed to my time spent in fellow musicglutton contributor Steve's Infographics class.

Since my explantion of last.fm is fairly shoddy, check it out for yourself. Of course, if I know me (and you) you're probably already on it. If this is the case, let's be friends!

Coming later today, Darren's midyear CD recap for 2006!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home