Sunday, July 02, 2006

Random poop...

Just little random thoughts that have been floating around my head...
  • You Radiohead fans absolutely must check out the past two Sound Opinions podcasts. The first one has an edited version along with the usual Sound Opinions news and reviews. The second one is an unedited version. They are both quite fun and fascinating. Be sure to listen all the way through for Thom Yorke's performance... It is stunning and you will have goosebumps.
  • It is a good thing that I don't live close to Waterloo Records in Austin... I'd be blowing a major chunk of my paycheck there every month! Quite an amazing place. Waterloo has now attained the prestigious (?) spot of Steve's Second Favorite Record store in the world... Favorite record store? Amoeba Music in San Francisco. Sorry Good Records... I like you guys, but you just don't have the atmosphere yet...
  • While at Waterloo, I picked up DJ Spooky Presents In Fine Style, a Trojan Records compilation. It's good, but seeing DJ Spooky's name on it made me assume that the tracks would be mixed together in a continuous flow. These are individual tracks, which is okay so it doesn't put little breaks in between the songs on my iPod, but it's not really what I was expecting...
  • The James Brown article in the current issue of Rolling Stone is a must-read. James comes across as imperious and demanding, but we knew that, didn't we? The fascinating part comes from discussions with the band members. This article made me dig out Live At the Apollo again.
  • I'm not really the type to listen to an album over and over again in a brief period of time. I usually listen to an album once or twice, and then come back to it a week or two later. But Gnarls Barkley have wormed their way into my brain, and my brain plays random songs, and that makes me play the album on my iPod or put in the CD if it's handy. This truly is the album of 2006 summer for me. Still amazing. I even picked up the Cee-lo Green... Is the Soul Machine CD, but so far it doesn't hit me like Gnarls...
  • Adult Swim is offering a free EP from Chocolate Industries. I haven't listened to it yet, but Chocolate Industries has released some really good stuff in the past, and did I mention that it's free? It's got Lady Sovereign on it, and Random rocked, so check this out...
Okay, I think that's all the spouting I need to do for the moment...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home