Monday, October 01, 2007

Radiohead news

Getting my BoingBoing fix this morning, and there's a post up that Radiohead has their new album available for download. The cool part? You choose how much you'd like to pay for the download...

http://www.boingboing.net/2007/09/30/radiohead-lets-fans.html


I haven't checked it out yet (class in 5 minutes, so no time), but I'm excited by the implications. If any band could pull off a breakaway from record company independence, it's Radiohead. They've got the resources, they've got the fanbase, and I would think most of the Radiohead fanbase is pretty tech-savvy and wouldn't mind download-only releases.

I've been thinking a lot about the record industry over the past few weeks, but this kindof throws things into a different territory. I'm excited to see what happens with this.

In other news, this is the 100th post on MusicGluttons! Yeah... Considering how much time there is between posts (not complaining), this is an achievement for us...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home