Friday, September 28, 2007

Joni covers her ass?

Okay, so I was cruising through the Barnes & Noble, and I saw the new Joni Mitchell CD. I love Joni, so I'd been intending to go to a Starbucks (even though I abhor the taste of coffee) to buy the CD. Since it was in B&N and I had a couple other things to grab anyway, I picked it up. Here's what it looked like when I bought it:


You can't tell by looking at the photo, but the blue part is a cardboard wraparound strip. Just looking at the cover, I thought perhaps from a design standpoint, they were concerned that Joni's name was in blue and might be somewhat difficult to see. But the sucky part is that the cardboard wraparound covers up the track listing on the back of the CD. Not that it would have deterred or changed my purchase, but when I'm buying a CD, I like to see how many tracks there are and read over the titles of the songs.

So I get back to my office, tear off the shrinkwrap and pull the "sanitized for your protection" cardboard thingy off, only to find this:



Wait a minute... Did HearMusic (Starbucks in wolves clothing) pay extra money just to cover up ballet dancer asses? Could it possibly be?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home