Saturday, May 26, 2007

Once is never enough

Just saw the new movie "Once" that everyone has been raving about.
OK, it's pretty good. Really good, I think. I don't much go in for things I perceived to be dopey, dumb-ass, pseudo-philosophical romantic comedies (I'm looking at you, Garden State), but this movie did a pretty good job of keeping things nice, sweet and low-key.

Here's the deal, it's a musical kind of thing about a girl and a guy, who are love-interests (or no?) in modern-day Dublin. They are both musicians, and they both bond over that, or something.

Here's the gist: It's very well-written, well acted (particularly by the dynamic Glen Hansard of Frames-fame), and really uses both silence and music well--something most movies really don't anymore.



Ah, trailers!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

That's on my list of things to see... I saw the review on Ebert & Roeper and it looked, uh, charming seems to be the word I'm reaching for...

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home