Sunday, March 26, 2006

Yoshimi Battles the Hip Hop Robots

I came to the Kleptones a bit later than this. Thanks to BoingBoing, I came in for the delicious A Night At the Hip-Hopera. So I was extremely excited to see that the Kleptones website had reinstated the link to Yoshimi Battles the Hip-Hop Robots.

On their site, the Kleptones argue that this is more mixtape than art. Considering the intricacies of the average Kleptones release, I can see that. If us mere mortals were able to pull of something as smooth as Yoshimi, we'd be crowing like we'd just painted the frickin' Sistine Chapel ceiling. It's like watching the snowboarders on the half-pipe at the X-Games -- they just make it look effortless...

So download this while it's still available, especially you Flaming Lips fans. And while you're at it, grab the new one, 24 Hours. I haven't heard it yet, but the Kleptones are always worth it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home